stand up for girls and women who don’t like to read. stand up for girls and women who can’t read. stand up for girls and women with low IQs. stand up for girls and women who can’t write. stand up for girls and women whose access to education has been prevented. for…
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Though if you meant Andy Warhol… Yeah dude was weird
I have achieved all of my life goals
IS THIS REAL.
Hi everybody! We are fyeahenbysex, and we’re committed to creating a community for people with nonbinary sex identities.
Nonbinary sex identities aren’t really something that have been talked about in detail. Mostly, when people talk about sex identity, they talk about people transitioning from…
The Nightmare before Christmas (1993)
psa if youre cis and someone asks for your pronouns:
- don’t say ‘whatever pronouns are fine!’
- dont say ‘you can call me eggplant for all i care’
- dont say ‘im a girl/im a guy’ instead of giving your pronouns
- dont get offended that we’re asking
Gushers sandwich with Fruit by the Foot as bread.
This is it. This is what I became an adult for. To be able to go down to the grocery store, buy a box of fruit by the foot and a box of gushers and make this and not have anyone tell me I can’t.